With Halloween just around the corner our staff at Fuller Dental Practice wanted to share with parents some Halloween tips that the American Dental Association has suggested to help prevent cavities during this time of trick or treating.
- Consume Halloween candy and other sugary foods with meals. During meal time our saliva production increases which helps to neutralize acids produced by bacteria in our mouth and helps rinse away food particles.
- Avoid hard candy and other sweets that stay in the mouth a long time.
- Avoid sticky candies that cling to teeth.
- Drink more water and avoid drinks with added sugar such as sodas and sports drinks
- Chew gum that has the ADA seal. Chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after meals has been shown to reduce tooth decay
- Follow the 1-2-3s of good oral hygiene. Floss once a day, brush twice a day and eat three balanced meals a day.
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups at least twice a year.
If you have any questions or concerns please call us at 336-226-0855.