The Best Way To Care For Your Toothbrush
- September 29, 2018
Your oral hygiene routine is an important part of keeping the teeth and gums free of plaque. Most dentists recommend patients brush their teeth at least twice a day to improve their oral health. Brushing your teeth twice a day can take a toll on your toothbrush, especially if you are not properly caring for your toothbrush.
At Fuller Dental in Burlington, NC, our team of dentists are committed to helping each of our patients improve their smile, prevent complex dental problems, and better understand their oral health. Maintaining a proper oral hygiene routine is one of the best tools in the fight against dental issues like gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. Knowing the appropriate ways to care and maintain your toothbrush can help you improve your oral health in the long run.
Toothbrush Care Tips
How do I take care of my toothbrush?
It’s simple; consider these key tips to properly maintain care for your toothbrush. Most dentists recommend the following tips:
- Don’t share your toothbrush. Sharing your toothbrush can transfer bacteria or bodily fluids between toothbrush users. Sharing your toothbrush can lead to an increased risk of illness or infection.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. Over time, toothbrush bristles fray and break. Brushing your teeth with a damaged toothbrush may cause more harm than good.
- Make sure you keep your toothbrush covered. Airborne bacteria can land on your toothbrush and cause illness.
- Store your toothbrush in an upright position to allows for proper drainage. A moist toothbrush is a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Make sure you rinse your toothbrush after each use. Running water through your toothbrush can remove debris, food particles, and excess toothpaste.
Following these key tips can help keep your toothbrush clean and in great condition. To learn more about preventive care or oral hygiene routines, contact our dental team at Fuller Dental. To schedule an appointment, call 336-226-0855 or request an appointment online.