Have you always wanted a whiter, brighter, more beautiful smile?
Patients with whiter smiles typically feel more confident in their smiles. Whitening your teeth can take years off of your appearance and leave you feeling rejuvenated and more confident. Discolored teeth are a common dental concern. From cosmetic smile makeovers to a quick and effective professional teeth whitening treatment, Fuller Dental offers a range of teeth whitening options for improving the appearance of your smile at any age.
Treatment for Tooth Discoloration
Treatment for tooth discoloration will vary depending on the cause. Your Fuller Dentist will provide a comprehensive oral health exam to determine the treatment option that will offer optimal results. For some patients, a combination of treatments will help create the whiter, brighter smile they want.
- Tooth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a highly effective, cost-efficient, and safe cosmetic treatment that can make a positive impact on a patient’s smile. We offer in-office teeth whitening which can whiten your teeth in just over an hour. We also offer at-home whitening as an easy and convenient way to brighten your smile.
- Dental Veneers: This popular cosmetic dentistry treatment is a thin, custom made shell that covers your natural tooth to instantly brighten it. The veneer will blend with the rest of your smile and will feel comfortable as a result of skillful artistry and the use of high quality materials.
- Dental Bonding: Teeth bonding is minimally invasive and can usually be completed in a single visit instantly leaving your smile whiter. Bonding uses a tooth-colored resin that is cured to the teeth using a hardening light. The teeth being treated will blend seamlessly with the rest of your natural teeth.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown covers the entire tooth and is permanently bonded into place instantly leaving your teeth whiter and durable. They are stain and decay resistant and can last for many years.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
- Yellow Teeth: As we age the enamel on the teeth can begin to wear down leaving teeth looking yellow or discolored. The yellowish tint comes from the exposure of the inner layer of the tooth called dentin. Dentin is naturally yellow in color. As the enamel wears away, dentin shows through making the small look dull and aged. Typically this type of tooth discoloration can be treated using professional teeth whitening options. Patients are also encouraged to avoid smoking and highly acidic or dark colored beverages such as coffee and red wine.
- White Spots: Ultra white spots on the teeth can be visually distracting. White spots are typically caused by overexposure to fluoride as the teeth were developing. White spots can be treated with professional whitening kits, dental veneers, or tooth bonding.
- Brown or Dark Spots: Dark and brown spots can be caused by trauma to the tooth. Dark discoloration can also be a result of the use of certain prescription medications. This type of staining is typically resistant to whitening gels and may require alternative cosmetic treatment. Bonding, veneers, or dental crowns can cover a damaged or darkly discolored tooth.
If you want to improve the appearance of your smile with a teeth whitening treatment, contact Fuller Dental by requesting an appointment online today. A whiter, brighter, more beautiful smile can be achieved.