What Is Tooth Bonding?
Our experienced Burlington cosmetic dentists at Fuller Dental can help you achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of with tooth bonding. Tooth bonding is both a cosmetic and restorative dental treatment that can improve the health and beauty of your smile. Our team of highly trained dentists at Fuller Dental have years of dentistry experience crafting and creating beautiful, natural-looking smiles.
What Issues Can Tooth Bonding Be Used As Treatment?
- Little to no removal of enamel, retaining the health and natural structure of your tooth.
- A less extensive procedure than restorations like porcelain veneers or dental crowns.
- Can usually be completed in one appointment.
At Fuller Dental, we also use tooth-colored resin to fill teeth damaged by cavities. Like dental bonding, tooth-colored fillings require very minimal removal of the tooth’s surface to complete. The material is also part of our metal-free dentistry philosophy of keeping your mouth and entire body free from mercury and other potentially harmful materials.
What Type Of Procedure Should I Expect When Having a Tooth Bonded?
- Little preparation is needed for dental bonding. Anesthesia is often not necessary unless the bonding is being used to fill a decayed tooth, the tooth needs to be drilled to change its shape, or the chip is near the nerve. Your dentist will use a shade guide to select a composite resin color that will closely match the color of your tooth.
- The Bonding Process
- Next, the surface of the tooth will be roughened and a conditioning liquid applied. These procedures help the bonding material adhere to the tooth. The tooth-colored, putty-like resin is then applied, molded, and smoothed to the desired shape. A bright, usually blue, light, or laser is then used to harden the material. After the material is hardened, your dentist will further trim and shape it and polish it to match the sheen of the rest of the tooth surface.
- Time To Completion
- Dental bonding takes about 30 to 60 minutes per tooth to complete.
Am I A Candidate For Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is ideal for patients who have:
- Cracked Teeth
- Chipped Teeth
- Stained or Discolored Teeth
- Mishappen Teeth
- Gaps Between Teeth
Schedule A Visit
Fuller Dental in Burlington, NC strives to provide comprehensive, personalized dental care. Our dedicated team of highly trained dentists works with you to give you a smile you’ve always wanted. If you feel that you may benefit from tooth bonding, visit Fuller Dental. You can schedule an appointment online or call 336-290-7401